Wednesday, March 25, 2009

To Edit or Not to Edit?


"I just want the files thanks. All the files, every freakin' one."
Really? Ok..here you are.

As a parent, I understand that but the
truth is if you don't pay much, you won't get much.
More and more photographers are offering hi-res files as part of their services. But 99% of photographers are not going to fine tune edit every image on a CD. It would just be way too time consuming. A good part of almost every image involves editing (brightening and sharpening the eyes, retouching the skin, color correction, etc) which means time. When you pay for a print, this is partly what you are paying for. I part with files quite reluctantly because I know that every shot I send out is a reflection of myself and what I put into my profession. Quite frankly, I'm just not interested in giving my clients anything but the best. I do offer packages with hi-res files where I do basic edits, but I also have the clients select their top favorites so I can make them look their absolute best. When you look good, I look good.