Sunday, March 16, 2008

Friends


This is my friend Matt. He's quite articulate and mature for fourteen years old. I wanted to do a portait that reflected those qualities. Let me tell you about his mother and one of my best friends, because by telling you about Kelly, I'm also telling you something about Matt.
If I was stranded in the middle of the Sahara and called for rescue, my husband would laugh before saying anything (it's just something that wouldn't surprise him). Some friends would want to know what I was doing in the middle of the world's biggest wasteland and my family would ask how I got there in the first place. Kelly response would probably be, "So do you want to do this by cargo or caravan?" She's the kind of friend who will always have your back not matter where you're leaning or how far you might fall. At Matt's young age, I can see that same quality already.