Monday, January 5, 2009

The face of Adan

I spent the holidays the best way possible with family and friends and it feels strangely odd to be at my computer once more after being absent for so long. Most of my pictures from the break will stay stored away somewhere, but these are a few that are worth sharing, my dear friend's son.



His name is pronounced with a soft "a" as in the word "all" followed by a Spanish d (just a hint of whisper of an English "th") another soft "a", and finish with a musical and "n". String the letters together and his name will fall like warm liquid from your lips, "Adan".
A gaze that reveals an ageless spirit and a knowledge of things that perhaps I've forgotten.
What is it that he knows?
His mother's eyes that one can swim in.
His father's ears make their mark.
Seeing them in him, I feel a kinship, a love already born.
And when his eyes rest on mine, I feel as if his soul quietly reminisces, "Oh yes, I remember you".