Friday, May 23, 2008

Star Trek Goupies and Wanna Be Stars


Okay let this be a lesson, when great opportunities come by, do not pass them up. A classmate of mine announced he was doing a Star Trek parody commercial and needed some extras. How could I not go? When would I get a chance to be in such a situation again? Probably never ever. All my grown up friends had real jobs, car pool, or volunteer work so I grabbed some of my younger friends and we headed down to the Tower theatre in Salt Lake for a day of shooting in the rain. The extras were a mingle of actors, sci fi fans, and friends of the production team. We had a fabulous time. The next day I was sore from laughing so hard.




An unknown extra (she was very nice).



This is my friend Ashlee.



And this is my friend Tink, short for Tinkerbell. Standing at a height of six feet two inches with red hair, it's a perfect name for her. I don't know how this dog fit into the picture. Hopefully he got paid.



I do not remember the director being this happy.



This is the producer, my friend Brady, dancing with some of the younger extras. I think he wore that ant headpiece during the entire shoot, he wasn't actually in the shoot though.