Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Top Picks

You remember those warm summer evenings of youth when you gathered with the neighborhood kids and divided up to pick teams for kick the can? It was a time of decision or anticipation. In life, it being the ultimate game some would say, we sometimes get choices for team mates and sometimes we don't. Fate favored me with some of the top draft picks.




I can not help but totally crack up every time I see this picture. My niece was wearing her "Groundhog hat" from Kindergarten while snacking on a cheese stick.

And of course, if I take a picture of my niece, my nephew fully expects he'll be needed as a model as well.


And if I post a picture of my niece and newphew, my son is on the computer looking for his. One thing you'll miss on seeing this picture this size is the fine layer of dirt that covered him when he arrived home from scout camp. I think filth was a part of one of his badge requirements.

This is my daughter wearing the hat I got for her last year in Santa Fe. She wore it everywhere this summer (she even tried wearing it to church). It doesn't get as much use during the winter months but she still manages to find occassions which she thinks are suitable for wearing it.